Monday, August 17, 2015

Wild flowers

Well what to say. I find myself sitting here so often and I just find myself awestruck at the work God has done in my life and in the lives of those around me. I have had the amazing opportunity to serve a mission and see imediate blessings. The grandest blessing has been that I have grown to have a personal relationship with God and understand his gospel and atonement in my personal life. The second most amazing blessing is that my brother and sister in law are going to be sealed for this life and the next.
The family is Gods most important creation. We can be reunited not just for this life, but also for the next. I am so grateful for that promise from God and I am so grateful because of the blessings we can recieve as his children. My companion and I have been thinking a lot about the family lately because we want to help the families here to be strengthened and flourish and I thought of this quote from Elder Quentin L. Cook,

"One of the remarkable characteristics of young wild sunflowers, in addition to growing in soil that is not hospitable, is how the young flower bud follows the sun across the sky. In doing so, it receives life-sustaining energy before bursting forth in its glorious yellow color.

Like the young sunflower, when we follow the Savior of the world, the Son of God, we flourish and become glorious despite the many terrible circumstances that surround us. He truly is our light and life.

In the parable of the wheat and the tares, the Savior declared to His disciples that those who offend and do iniquity shall be gathered out of His kingdom.4 But speaking of the faithful, He said, “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.”5 As individuals, disciples of Christ, living in a hostile world that is literally in commotion, we can thrive and bloom if we are rooted in our love of the Savior and humbly follow His teachings."

so I hope you can all flourish like a wild sunflower. haha. Remember that it is imporant to keep on going even when we are growing in unhospitable soil. 
I love you all and here is my wild flower follwing the light of christ picture, with my daughter hermana Romero. Pure happiness
Con mucho amor de ambato,
Hermana Dunkley










No comments:

Post a Comment