Thursday, May 8, 2014

El Preserverar hasta el Fin (Endure to the End)

LIfe at the ccm is good.  Life on a mission is good.  Basically life in general is good haha.  You get used to your schedule, the people,...even the food.(or you try to get used to the food). The one thing that you never get used to is the Spirit that is with you constantly and the overwhelming happiness you get when you understand what your teachers say and you can convey your thoughts in spanish!!! I think one of the major blessings of learning another languages is being humbled.  Everyday I think of how much more I need to learn and how much more I need to change.  I am blessed to have 2 companions who keep me in check and although we disagree sometimes we have made it a habit of talking everything out so we go to sleep happy haha.  This week we had the most amazing devotional from Elder Holland, we watch the broadcasts from Provo, and I saw Kim singing in the choir! Anyways he said some amazing things and I wanted to share two quotes, "'you are a disciple of Christ so you will have to experience a little bit of Gethsemane.'" and "a mission won't be easy, conversion won't be easy, life can't be easy, because it was never easy for the living son of the living God to Atone" so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has supported me on my way out here and I wanted to especially say to all those who are having hard times that when we are in our hardest moments and in our toughest trials we really are the closest we can be to Christ and his suffering for us. I have seen a fraction of a fraction of how hard my mission will be, but I I am grateful because it is the closest I can ever become to Christ's struggles.  Nothing can compare to the sorrow he felt for us, and if I must endure ( or el preseverar hasta el fin) then I will try my hardest as a representative of him. I pray for you all and I love you all. Thank you for the beautiful emails they truly uplift me all the time. 
Happy mothers day!!!
Hermana Dunkley

No comments:

Post a Comment