Monday, May 25, 2015

Sacrifices

First off.....I MIGHT BE AN AUNT NEXT WEEK!!!! AHHH. wow that is just all the excitement in side of me coming out. I am doing good everyone don´t worry. Hey I lost weight. It is possible everyone. oh and random thought. I ate something super good today oh and I had to eat cow foot again on Friday. Let me just tell you it is not always a pleasant experience. Just imagine eating your own snot, but it being hard and tough to chew. That is pata de caldo...

Well in the couple minutes that I have left I wanted to tell you all something that I have been contemplating. My sister told me of a story when I fell in the pool once and she heard a splash so she listened to the spirit and knew to look and follow that prompting. So I was thinking as she told me that and then told me that she is grateful for the sacrifice I have made and the prompting she recieved to look out the window that day so long ago.
  
Then it brought me to think that the only way we can be more like Christ is if we make sacrifices. If we are all like Christ then the world can be a better place. So we should make more sacrifices in our lives. That brought me to think about the promise I made to God when I was set apart as a missionary. I promised to be a representative of him at all times and in all things and in all places. I decided to obey the many rules we have as missionaries and decided to give up my own needs for that of others. Thanks to this sacrifice I have made and continue to make, my life is fuller and filled with the love of Christ. I feel like I have finally developed a lasting relationship with him that makes me want to just keep moving forward and changing my life. I know that the downfalls I have are my own and not from Him and so I have confidence that even when I fall he will alwyas help me to get back up.  The sacrifices we make in this life will help us out in the long run. I am so grateful for that and that I have been given this revelation.

as always I hope these few words that I have scrambled to put together are recieved well from all of you. 
wow I speak english like a spanish speaker now...whoops
Con mucho amor de Armenia,
Hermana Dunkley

oh and shout out on my blog para
la familia collantes. Les amo muchisimo...saludos a todos!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment