Monday, May 18, 2015

A disciple of Christ‏

Well I thought I would just write everyone now and in general because I don´t have a lot of time. We had to come to Quito to renew visas today so that my companion can stay here in Ecuador for a while longer so that is what happened to me today and for that reason I can only say a little to respond to everyone.

alright breath. haha

okay so everyone has been asking me a lot about the work and everything and well I just wanted to respond to say that the work is hard, but I honestly love it.  I struggled a lot this week with my own dissapointment, but I learned a lot.  We talked about seeing the little miracles in our lives and really in every moment. We must have faith that we can see miracles and we must remember that faith is the opposite of fear and anger and impatience.  I felt more impatience this week with a desire to do good and be an example to others. Then I just remembered a scripture that just hit me,"3 Nephi 5:13  Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." Lots of times we are here to just declare his word and to help people to have everlasting life. We cannot force any person to recieve his gospel because it is their own choice, but we can help them to remember only through Christ can they recieve everlasting life. 

I am a disciple of Christ and all I want to do is help others to recieve that help and example. I am so grateful for all that Christ has done for me. 

I love you all and am so grateful for your examples.
Con mucho amor de Quito...por hoy...
Hermana Dunkley


No comments:

Post a Comment