Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How to Become Better? there isn't an answer‏

We are coming up to changes so that means do all of your laundry and try to get rest because you never know whats going to happen. The good thing is that we are in summer here and I am missing the winter of Quito so I am pretty happy, the only thing is I don't know where I will be in June and we will probably get some crazy rain then haha. 

Well I have been thinking a lot lately about becoming better. A better missionary, teacher, speaker of Spanish ( I am pretty sure you cant say that in english or spanish but we will go with it ) Companion, and just overall person.  I think a lot of my family has been thinking about that too lately. How can I change my life to have the life I want, or what do I do to continue on.  It is funny how we see things sometimes. Specifically out here I see all of my weaknesses and I get overwhelmhed to change myself. Then this last week as I was contemplating these things I had an "aha moment" as Oprah says, (sorry had to put that in cuz I love Oprah) and I realized that I had been thinking wrong the entire time. As a missionary it doesn't matter how well you speak the language or teach others or if you are a missionary who understands the scriptures a lot none of that matters, it is how you listen and respond to the Spirit. The Spirit can give us guidance to help others and if I have learned anything as a gringa speaking Spanish, it is that I have always needed to rely on the Spirit to help me to communicate to others what they need to here to become closer to God.  If I can do that then I can be a servant to God who relys on his word and his word alone.

I know that for all of you at home life is a little different in that you don't have the opportunity to only live of the spirit of a year and a half, but if there is something I can tell you it is try to realize that feeling again and look for it more in your life. Let go of all those things that retain you from feeling the Spirit and give in and feel the Love of God.

I am so grateful that I can feel these things and I pray you all can to!

Con Mucho Amor de Baños,
Hermana Dunkley







                               Madison walks across this bridge every day and this is her beautiful view

No comments:

Post a Comment