Thursday, November 6, 2014

Blessings of the Lord

Today I am so thankful for the blessings of the Lord. This last saturday we had the baptism of Hugo Guevara. I was so happy and blessed to have met him because he reminded me of so many things that we need to do here to help people out. So many things that we need to remember to just help others conocer God and his gospel. I put in conocer because it just sounds better then meet. I dont know sometimes that happens to me sorry. But I am so glad because I have seen that he truly is converted to God. When I think of these things and some other things as I was reading the letters from my family and specifically from my brother these scriptures came to my mind.
Mosiah 23:20-24
20 And it came to pass that they did multiply and prosper exceedingly in the land of Helam; and they built a city, which they called the city of Helam. 21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith. 22 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people.23 For behold, I will show unto you that they were brought intobondage, and none could deliver them but the Lord their God, yea, even the God of Abraham and Isaac and of Jacob. 24 And it came to pass that he did deliver them, and he did show forth his mighty power unto them, and great were their rejoicings.
Yes it does say nevertheless a lot, but what is interesting is that these people were faithful to God they did all that he had asked them and even though they were faithful God tried their faith. It is like that with us. We can be obedient people who do all those things that God asks of us to do, but sometimes God tries us so that we can be all the more stronger. That we can grow in patience and strength. That is what I see a lot, I need more faith and patience through my trials because of I do that And trust that God will deliver me. I will be lifted up at the last day. Isn´t that something so beautiful to know! I am so grateful for this opportunity I have, although short, to give this gift to others. The gift of meeting the gospel, getting to know God, and finding that you can be forgiven for all that you have done in the past. I know that sometimes these things can be hard. That we struggle with forgiving others or with the trials that we have and forgiving God for those trials he has given us, but something my important is that he Loves us, and we knew those trials we were going to have when we got here that is why we chose to come and to fulfill all that we had to fulfill here. 
I love you all so much. and remeber that is you are patient and faithful through your trials you will be lifted up at the last day. 
I can just imagine all of you flying up right now...haha.
Mucho Amor de Baños...and its Baños like showers thank you very much,
Hermana Dunkley




No comments:

Post a Comment