Monday, September 8, 2014

Dìa de Milagros




Hi everyone and another week gone and another week started. It is funny because today an elder said what does it feel like to almost have a third of your mission done. I was like...umm...well...it doesn't feel good. Because I don't want to think about how much time I have in the mission or how much time I have left. I just want to live and invite people to follow Christ. That has been the only thing on my mind. How can I fulfill my purpose as a missionary? How can I excercise my faith? So that was on my mind a lot as we went in to another fast Sunday. I had been thinking a lot about somethings I learned in the CCM. (MTC) I learned a lot about praying specifically and about praying and commiting to act in your prayers. So this Saturday we did that and for this reason we had un dìa de milagros. or a day of miracles. It is amazing what you can do when you pray and act. God answers.
Well basically what happened is that we had felt a lot of pressure this past week to have results...or numbers. And this is always hard on a missionary because we live by numbers, but we don't want to think of people only as numbers. It is extremly a lot of pressure. So this Saturday as we started our fast and I thought of all the things I have learned. That in reality if we excercise our faith in God he will help us to have results and that he will trial our faith and we will have to learn humility too. And so this last Saturday and Sunday went like that. We changed our minds about the work and we contacted everyone in the street that we ran into as we went from lesson to lesson. And we met people who in reality had truly been prepared by God to meet us. It was a miracle. And then Sunday as we waited at the steps of the church for those people we had met, well what happened is that we entered in without anyone that we had talked to. We sat down with our recent converts and contemplated what had happened. This was the trial of my faith and the opportunity for me to learn more humility. It was not apart of Gods will for those of our investigatores to come to church. But the amazing thing is I have so much faith that we are going to have better results this week. If there is anything I have learned in life it is that I need to learn from my mistakes or better off. Everyday that is hard or doesn't go the way I want it to. Wake up and have a better one. I honestly have no doubt that God will work harder here in this sector this next week. When there is one day of miracles there can always be another.
I am so thankful for this gospel and I am so grateful for the opportunity everyday to repent, change, and start again. The way life moves sometimes feels hard and slow. But as we refocus our energies in those things that are good, our mind changes and life moves so fast that we miss those days that have gone by. Be grateful for everyday that you live and breath. And thank the God who made us all for this opportunity to live and breath another day.
I love you all and pray for you always,
Amor de Quito,
Hermana Dunkley
well this is my zone...zone turubamba norte. and this other picture is the absolutely funniest picture that you will ever see in your life. lets just say yes. it is a llama...i think maybe an alapaca is what the lady said. 








No comments:

Post a Comment