Monday, September 22, 2014

Buenas....tardes o noches....tardes..

haha this is like my thought in the street a lot. Is it time for the morning afternoon or night because time just flies by and then yeah all of a sudden you have lost time and you only have two more weeks left in the transfer.  That is when you realize wow yeah this time goes by fast!  Right now here in Argelia, Ecuador...we actually are in San Bartolo so yeah, but right now it is raining cats and dogs. I really have grown to like it. A few things about this area.  There are so many kind people here and so many people that ask me if I am from France and the other day someone asked me if I was from Switzerland, but all the people in our ward know that I am from the US so yeah my secret identity is known. haha. Also funny thing this last week we had a service activity. We had to make cement, shovel it into buckets, and then carry it up to the roof to put cement on the roof. im not sure why they wanted it up there but yeah we did it.  It just was awesome because i had so much fun. I shoveled a lot and wanted to start a fight but was afraid of what would happen with cement so I thought better of it haha. I shoveled all of the cement ino buckets for lie 3 hours and today I am just paying for it now. My back kills, but yeah thats life. haha.
This week I have really enjoyed getting to know this area better. Everyone is so kind and helpful and I have really started to feel at home here.  Somethings I have learned have really shown me what I need to do to be a better missionary here. When I shared my talk yesterday I was so nervous, but then when I walked up the stairs to give it I just talked and talked for 15 minutes and it was so funny because I am pretty sure I put some people to sleep, but yeah I talked in Spanish in front of everyone so I was happy.  I really felt the Spirit and was so happy for the opprotunidad to learn so much and share a little with the people here in Argelia. Right now we are really looking forward to some people who are progressing and I can't wait for this next general conference. It is going to be a great opportunity to share with everyone talks from our prophet. All I can hope to advise everyone is that you can prepare for this general conference and to hear the things that our prophet and apostles have prepared for us! I am so grateful for this church and all those things that I have learned from it. 
Remeber what Mosiah 5:15 says "Therefore, would that ye should be steadfastand immovable, always abounding in good worksthat Christ, the Lord GodOmnipotentmay seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye mayhave everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, andjustice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who isGod above all. Amen." I really love this scripture and I really love you all!
May God be with you and may you be steadfast and Immovable so that you can be brought to heaven one day,
Hermana Dunkley

No comments:

Post a Comment