Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Chocolate


Well a new week yet again.  How fast these weeks go. I dont even know what to say.
La Obra Misional
Well the missionary work is going good as usual. It is always going good because my companion and I are working hard to help the people here to continue to progress and know for themselves that this church is true.  We try all the time to be exactly obedient and I think there is a power in doing this.  They teach us as missionaries a lot of the time to do this and that or as members we here it a lot, but I think with every principal of the Gospel actually putting these things into practice is totally different.  I have learned so much from acting and not only listening. I have learned so much from teaching this to other people.  This is probably the most vital part of our work. Action. "Faith without works is dead" says the scriptures right.  But how do we act? Well a member who has come with us to lessons a couple times uses this example a lot.  If there is a cell phone sitting on the chair and you have faith that it is there what are you going to do?  You are going to move and pick it up right? That is what faith is. We want something and so we need to move, act, and use our faith.  There is a difference between always listening and hearing and saying oh yeah I'm going to stop eating chocolate tomorrow when you don't actually do it.  Because honestly I think I said that like three weeks ago and I like chocolate too much to stop eating.  There is this one bread here with chocolate in the middle that is RICISIMO really good, or tasty....and lets be honest I probably won't stop eating chocolate, but I can change my attitude and set goals to only eat a little bit this week or only one of these once a week.  That is how we make differences in our lives.  When we know that something is good we need to act to make that thing apart of our lives.  We know that the scriptures are good and that prayer is good and that God will bless us, but we need to always act to have these blessings we need to excercise our faith to gain more faith and there is one scripture that I have grown to really like.
it says
Moroni 7:48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all theenergy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed uponall who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons ofGod; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is;that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
If we pray like Moroni says we can be filled with the love of God.  We can become his true children and followers of him.  And i love this last promise. that we can be pure even as Jesus Christ is pure.  what we must do as followers of Christ is love him and give our all to him.  Pray and keep his commandments. Read his books and act to actually know if they are true. I am so grateful for this work and for all that I can do each day.  I am so grateful for your love each week and what I have been able to learn!. May God bless you always. and as Alfonso says Dios bendiga. en el nombre de Christo Jesus Amen.
It is always good to have a little Alfonso quote. haha. 
Love from Quito
Hermana Dunkley

No comments:

Post a Comment