Monday, January 12, 2015

The Fruits of our Labors‏

We improved. I am so proud and happy to say that.  It just takes a little endurance and working hard to help the people and not just teach lessons, that makes differences. 

ok a little experience.

yesterday we went to talk to one of our investigators and I felt the need to talk with her and help her remember the commitment she had made to be baptized. I felt inspired to ask her some questions and she responded to me by telling me something that had happened to her. She said that she had talked to her husband and told him that she wasn´t going to be Catholic anymore, he then told her if you feel that and really think it is the right path then DO IT! 

Now imagine what it is like to here that when you usually here no everyday.  I just sat there amazed and so grateful. I saw the fruit of the hard work I had done here trying to find people and help them to recieve the gospel.  It took faith on her part to make that change, and it took hard work and prayers on our part to find her and share with her what she needed to feel to have the desire to go to church. Sonya is amazing and she tells me that I look and sound exactly like her daughter in law from the united states. So sometimes when her children come over they give me this weird look like I am her, it is kind of funny, but that is how we were able to share the gospel with her in the first place so I am really blessed to look like her haha.

Anyways I have been able to learn from this experience that we must never give up in any moment.  We must always push forward and try our hardest, my sister Blair and I were talking just a moment about that, because it is honestly so hard and so easy to just stop and then get used to being stopped and not doing anything. Then all of a sudden, you just want to have all the blessings from God, without doing the hard work it takes to recieve the blessings.  When we pray for patience, faith, love, chairty, hope, or other attributes of Christ, God doesn´t just give them to us. He gives us the experiences we need to have to develop those talents! Our experiences are usually hard and tiring, but they make us feel so many changes in our lives and give us hope for the future. 

I hope you all at home can work hard and endure so that you can all find the fruit in your labors. I know this church is true and I am so happy to have this knowledge in my heart and my mind. I hope all the best for you in your own missions that you all have!  Keep enduring, as my favorite movie as a kid says Keep Moving Forward. Never Give Up!!! thats from meet the robinsons. 
I love you all and pray for the best for you in this week.

Until the next one.
Con mucho Amor de Baños,
Hermana Dunkley
               
                              How I felt after a long day and a long prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment