Saturday, December 13, 2014

El es la Dadiva

Okay so this week has been a really great one! I think we are all getting in to the true spirit of Christmas cheer. Although we dont get to hear all the christmas music in the streets like in the States at this time. There is a whole  lot of lights and a giant christmas tree set up so it makes up for the lack of music.  Also I wanted to say before anything else that I am so happy to hear the wonderful news for Jackie back home! Congrats in your baptism!! okay so some things we have been able to learn about here as missionaries is about Él es la Dádiva!! it is such an amazing video....it is the HE IS THE GIFT. I honestly love it and we have this amazing opportunity to share it with everyone. It should be set up as the headline for youtube for some days but im not sure which ones and there is a huge billboard set up in timesquare. I was like wow. that is amazing
The Lord really wants us all to share this gift of his birth and the knowledge that we have of it now. Not in 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years. He wants us to share now and have the confidence to do so.  I have been so blessed to have found some new people that are willing to listen to what we have to share I have been able to learn so much from them and I hope to continue to grow and help them out in the future!
I was reading a talk from conference because I now have the Liahona which is amazing. I read the talk by elder Klebingat about Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence and I really liked what he said. "I once asked one of my most faithful sisters why she was always so hard on herself, why she was always beating herself up over the smallest things. Her answer was a classic example of someone listening to the wrong voice as she replied, so no one can beat me to it.  Brothers and sisters, my counsel to you ACKNOWLEDGE AND FACE YOUR WEAKNESSES, BUT DONT BE IMMOBILIZED BY THEM because some of them will be your companions until you depart this earth life. No matter what your current status, thevery moment you voluntarily choose honest, joyful, daily repentance y striving to simply do and be your very best, the Savior´s Atonement envelops and follows you, as it were, wherever you go."  This is something I would like to share especialy with all the young women back home.  we must accept our weakness and more importantly accept the Saviors atonement for us! I am so extremly grateful for him everyday of my life and I am so extremly happy to share this gift that I have of knowing he is my savior with the people of Ecuador. May you all enjoy the gift you have been given of his birth in this month of December. Rember the importance of all that he has done for you and come unto him, follow him. He will always be there for you.
As always I love you all so much and am so thankful for you all at home and in other parts of the world
Con mucho amor de Baños,
Hermana Dunkley


No comments:

Post a Comment